We just developed our first app – Discover Katahdin!
A firm believer that we need to do a better job of helping others discover all there is to see and do in the region, Anita spent the winter months developing the Discover Katahdin – Maine’s Four Season Playground visitor’s app.
Sponsored by the Katahdin Area Chamber of Commerce the app is now available as a free download in the Apple App Store, Google Play and Windows Store. The app and Discover Katahdin website were developed in an effort to highlight this remarkable area of Maine. It is full of four season recreation possibilities and includes business listings for goods and services all to help visitor’s to the Katahdin Region discover some of the area’s best kept secrets.
Discover Katahdin App Features
• Information and maps for exploring the Katahdin Region’s major conservation, park and recreation lands including but not limited to Baxter State Park, Katahdin Woods and Waters Scenic By-way, Maine North Woods
• Twenty plus fun things for children to do while visiting the Katahdin Region
• Over 30 suggested hikes both inside and outside of Baxter State Park with degree of difficulty, distance, estimated time to complete as well as directions and GPS coordinates
• Hunting and Fishing information including Guides, Outfitters and Sporting Camps throughout the area
• Area Museums, Golf Course, Photo Workshops and Yoga Retreats
• Lodging and camping facilities including B&B, Resorts, Hotels, Motels, Private Rentals, Sporting Camps, Cottages Cabins and Campgrounds
• Paddling and Rafting on flat water or quick water with guided and self guided options for both branches of the Penobscot River as well as area lakes and ponds
• Restaurants and Pubs throughout the Katahdin Region including a handy tip calculator
• Services including but not limited to ATM, Banking, Economic Development, Higher Education, Hair and Beauty, Hospital and Emergency, Human Services, Insurance, Manufacturing, Massage, Pet Services and Real Estate
• Shopping locations for Art, Antiques, Collectibles, Crafts, Camping Gear, Groceries, Hunting and Fishing Supplies and Maine Made products
• ATV Trails and maps for the Katahdin Multi Use Trail
• Snowmobile Clubs and snowmobile rental information
• Wildlife, Moose, Bird and Photography Tours by boat, plane and van
• X-Country Ski and Snowshoe Trails and Club information with maps for each
So, if you have not downloaded the app yet, go to the Discover Katahdin website and select the store you wish to download the app from.